LIBERO V4 – the new HMI for Nonwovens Applications
Get to the target faster and safe and comfortable working – the LIBERO V4 Human Machine Interface has reached both. The statistics functionality is one more advantage.
At the beginning of the design development, the required functionalities of the new HMI (Human Machine Interface) were defined within external and internal audits. The findings supported that intuitive operation software ergonomics were going to be a vital feature. To achieve optimum implementation, the principles set forth in Software Ergonomics by the VDMA were included in the development, and a fundamentally modular approach was introduced.
The LIBERO V4 HMI allows the operator to access all relevant functions on two menu levels. Thus, the number of screen changes in daily routine is significantly reduced. Another advantage is the automatic message transmission on error detection and remedy. Diagnosis information on hardware and process data also forms part of the new system.
An optimized graphical display of the OPTIMA machine functions was another goal in developing the HMI 2010. In addition, the corporate design of Optima Group as defined by internal guidelines was also going to be used for the HMI.
The Generation 2010 of the HMI for Nonwovens applications is based on a Windows embedded functionality. It is controlled via a Rockwell Panel View Plus CE 10 hardware platform. The communication interface of the control uses Ethernet/IP network technology.
The Libero V4 HMI offers its users the following new functionalities:
- Extended error diagnosis including help text for the individual error messages (F1-Functionality)
- User support with help text for parameters
- Import/export of data (format, process) by a USB memory stick
- Online/ offline parameter changes, including recording of implemented parameter changes
- Easy user administration including allocation of authorization
- Online language changeover with Unicode functionality
- Statistics on process-relevant data